• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nondisclosure of new address to father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laffmor

In California is it legal if a mother and her children move and the mother refuses to give the new address to the father? She lets the father see the children. He lives in Arizona and visits monthly. She just won't give him the address. There is no history of abuse or anything. She even lies about how they live in the country, how they have a huge yard for the children to play in, etc.

I am the father's sister. Unbeknownst to his ex-wife, her new address is right next door to some friends of mine, so we know where they live. They don't live in the country and they don't have a big yard. She's been lying to throw my brother off. We must really confuse the kids with all our talk about how wonderful the country is when they live on the busiest street in town.

Is nondisclosure of a new address legal if there's not reason for it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Is there a court order in place? If not, then she can move, and lie through her teeth.
If so, then jurisdiction is within California if he wishes to hire an attorney to do something about it.

Now, wait just a minute here. You're the sister of the father, and you see his kids, and she knows this, yet she's THAT ignorant to think that you haven't told your brother this information?

What's missing from your post?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 19, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">