• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

early999

What is the name of your state? wiscosnin
what scale is used for determining the level of prejudice when trying to overturn a cinviction?

E

early999

so, in a case of theft by contractor in wisconsin, there are 5 elements of the crime. number 3 was the one in question. its a 2 fold one- that there was a bona fied dispute over money ofwhich prosecution has the burden to prove there wasnt one, and that none of money was used by the contractor during dispute.
now, the testimonies of the states witnesses stated the recalled me saying i would immediately pay my subcontractor if they gave me a correct invoice. they siad this under oath at the prelim hearing. this was my grounds that i didnt spend the money. also at the hearing i said i had it right there with me in my pocket and would whip it out if they wanted me to. but when it came time for trial testimony, they said they did NOT recall. so now that i got convicted still and am facing 15 years, in my appeal i need to refer to some statute and or presidented case law in wisconsin specifically to the case and charge.that thier perjurous testimonies prejudiced the case . i do not have access to wisbar.com thats for atttorneys, if someone has access could you shepardize this for me?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">