• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where's the advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cyndi5

Way back on page 10 I went into great detail
because I was asked to give more information
by IAMLIABLE and the only response I got was from some imbecile deadbeat loser and a "go for it sweetie" from some other Mom.
What kind of site offers help and then blows you off? By looking at thousands of other people going through hell, maybe this is just a site to read about other people's unfortunate problems.
The real problem is the Child Support system and the lack of publicity it gets in legislature. It is a real problem for children everywhere and it "SUCKS BIG TIME MAN!!!"

T

Tigres

Hi Cyndi5,

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help either! I just wanted to remind you that there are only a limited number of people giving advice on the board and they are taking time from their own lives to help others for free. Myself, I am grateful that there is a place where I can ask questions in the first place!

I know it is frustrating, but perhaps you should repost your question(s). I am sure that if someone can help, that they will, but it is entirely possible that some individuals simply don't have the answers you need. Don't give up! Keep looking. However, if no one can answer for you, you could always ask one of the lay "experts" to tell you how to look things up for yourself. Time consuming, but worth it!

Tig

K

KNKRIS2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyndi5:
Way back on page 10 I went into great detail
because I was asked to give more information
by IAMLIABLE and the only response I got was from some imbecile deadbeat loser and a "go for it sweetie" from some other Mom.
What kind of site offers help and then blows you off? By looking at thousands of other people going through hell, maybe this is just a site to read about other people's unfortunate problems.
The real problem is the Child Support system and the lack of publicity it gets in legislature. It is a real problem for children everywhere and it "SUCKS BIG TIME MAN!!!"

Hi Cyndi5,

Try going up to the top and do a keyword search. When I was new to this board, I just posted my question and after I learned how to do the searches, I got my question answer and a whole lot more! Hope that works for you. Also go to the www.childsupport.com website. They have some good state specific information. Hope this helps!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U

usdeeper

Is your ex still working ? What is the status of the recent bankruptcy filing ?

CS debts can not be wiped out by bankruptcy. So while he may suspend the payments, he will still have to pay you one day. He will not get away with it as these debts will continue to mount and will haunt him until they are paid.

In many ways, your mistake was to push things after you were awarded the 700 a month. He was only liable for medical if the agreement stated he was, there is nothing to say that he should be punished and the CS amount raised again just because he does not visit with the children or contribute to holidays. I am sure that at this moment you would welcome the 700 a month rather than your current amount.

For now, just remember that he will not be able to wipe those debts off and one day, if he continues not to pay, he will go to jail and still have to pay you when he gerts out.

As regards to this post, there are only a handful of people who are knowledgeable enough to help and yet this board gets more posts than any of the others. The people who do help have other full time jobs and we are not paid to be here to help. If you took anytime to read through this board you will realise that MANY people get successful help.

One of the reasons I did not reply to your original post was because I do not read posts that do not contain paragraghs, it gives me a headache :)

On a final note, there are laws to help people regarding child support... and one of the most important regarding your situation is that bankruptcy can not wipe out CS debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">