• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigdad

What is the name of your state? California
My neighbor has been abusing us for years now. I lost $50,000+ of roses that I bred, one of which won 4 trophies, 6 first places in 6 shows. A movie star wanted one to be named after him.
Neighbor spreads screws on driveway, throws rocks at buildings (ours), complained many times about dogs barking, shot the dogs with BB's, finally got lieutenant to threaten us with court for dogs barking. Petition signed by only him, about dogs barking - found that he had device to make them howl. They usually joined in by other dogs howling when sirens blared, but recently only our dogs howled - we gave them up!
Last night I SAW him throw a rock from his brothers truck that hit my truck in driveway, window on camper shell broken.
I hired a lawyer Oct 20, who said he would send letter to neighbor warning him about our property, including a copy to me so I could present it to sheriff.
I never got copy! Lawyers secretary doesn't know about it, and lawyer won't return call - is neighbor also a client?
What can be done? I am b-a Christian but willing to leave the fold briefly if I can get away with it.:confused:

HomeGuru

bigdad said:
What is the name of your state? California
My neighbor has been abusing us for years now. I lost $50,000+ of roses that I bred, one of which won 4 trophies, 6 first places in 6 shows. A movie star wanted one to be named after him.
Neighbor spreads screws on driveway, throws rocks at buildings (ours), complained many times about dogs barking, shot the dogs with BB's, finally got lieutenant to threaten us with court for dogs barking. Petition signed by only him, about dogs barking - found that he had device to make them howl. They usually joined in by other dogs howling when sirens blared, but recently only our dogs howled - we gave them up!
Last night I SAW him throw a rock from his brothers truck that hit my truck in driveway, window on camper shell broken.
I hired a lawyer Oct 20, who said he would send letter to neighbor warning him about our property, including a copy to me so I could present it to sheriff.
I never got copy! Lawyers secretary doesn't know about it, and lawyer won't return call - is neighbor also a client?
What can be done? I am b-a Christian but willing to leave the fold briefly if I can get away with it.:confused:
**A: call police and hire another lawyer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

A few years back, a client of mine had similar problems with a neighbor. After no satisfaction from law enforcement, he finally bought a surplus Howitzer (Korean War vintage) and placed it on his front lawn, pointing it at the neighbor's house.

He placed a sign on it facing the neighbor's house, reading "If you give me any more problems, I'm lighting it up!"

Suffice it to say, no more problems.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">