• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of my Sister

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LoriM69

My mother and my sister both live in Pennsylvania and I live in Ca. My mother and my sister have both had problems in the past. My mom has even went as far as to go thru the process of signing custody of my sister over to the state, only to change her mind at the last minute. Well I received an email from them today stating that my mom wants to sign custody of my 15 year old sister over to me and wants to make it legal so I have all the legal responsibility of her and also so I can get her social security check. My question is...What is the process of doing something like this? and also I know they are going to have to go to court, what would I do since I am not in the same state? Thank you in advance.
Lori

LegalBeagle

You need to petition the court for a change in physical custody and file it into the county your mother is living in (PA).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">