• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In need of help in child support issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ester

Hello! I am from La, CA and i have raised my son for 12 years. My husband abandon us when he was only 12 years old. I raised him through out of his life because I cannot find my husband. Now that I finally found him after all those years can I still file for child support eventhough my son is an adult. I divorced just this January , is this will have an effect on the child support if I file? Please help me I am to old and weak to think of my problems. I just work in a warehouse and my check is not enough for us. My son is still attending college. Oh! please help me.

E

Ester

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Was there ever an court ordered child support agreement ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None at all. Because after he left, he went to the Philippines and I never heard from him since. And last year, I found out that he's been back here by about 5 years now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">