• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued in Small Claims for Credit Card Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

radodave

I'm being sued in Small Claims Court for a credit card debt. The debt was incurred when I missed payments and the interest bloomed to well over 20%. The original debt was about 600. With the penalties, late fees and other charges the amount I'm being sued for is $1100.00.

When I missed payments the bank suggested sending them postdated checks. I did make several payments with an agreement from the bank to drop the late charges and fees and bring by account current. With my payments the bank did not remove the charges or fees.

At this time income is very erratic and very limited due to illness. It's a stretch from me to purchase medicine. Being diabetic there have been times when I've reduced the amount of insulin I take to make it last longer. Same needle for months at a time. Not a very good strategy.

Is there anything I can or should do to defend myself in court.

[email protected]

BL

As you know they didn't enter the information to drop late charges,Etc. I bet the verbally told you , right ?

You can't believe what your told and it's your word against theirs.

Seriously, you could try making out a payment plan with them, but if they have initiated suit , it's probably too late.

What ever you do take care of your diabetes Properly , don't cut it short. I seen what happened to my mother . Not a wise think to do.

Have you tried credit counseling, Consultation with an attorney for a small fee ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">