• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

therose

What is the name of your state? New York -

I just received a notice that I ignored three tickets that were given to me on the same night within the same hour by three different officers. (1) I never received any of these tickets (2) can they continually ticket a vehicle for the same offense? (3) At the time of the offense, there were no street lights and I could not read the sign. What should my defense be? Thanks -- therose

R

Ramoth

"(1) I never received any of these tickets" -- irrelevant

"(2) can they continually ticket a vehicle for the same offense?" -- Yep.

"(3) At the time of the offense, there were no street lights and I could not read the sign. What should my defense be?" -- You don't have one. Ignorance (for whatever reason) is never a defence.

"Thanks -- therose" -- You're welcome.

T

therose

Well that is all well and good, but the question still remains that each ticket was issued within 15 minutes of each other, one of which had me parked in a different location than the others. It is impossible to be in two different places at the same time. Even the cops did not know where they were because of the dark!

If such a thing can ge done with no ticket to dispute that is tantamount to racketeering! :mad: The Rose

racer72

I never received any of these tickets

Well that is all well and good, but the question still remains that each ticket was issued within 15 minutes of each other, one of which had me parked in a different location than the others.
What's wrong with the above? The FAF BS meter has been pegged again.

T

therose

As I indicated yesterday, I found out that I can request a copy of the tickets and any action taken by the police, must freeze until I have received such copies.

Need a new BS meter, contact the NYC Police, they gots loads!!!

The Rose

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">