• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charging false accuser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janice

i'd like to know if parents that have been falsely accused of negelect ever get the chance to face their accuser. if not then i think that it's time to work on changing the law, because family services are tearing alot of families too pieces.and lying to break up a family should be a crime as it causes more harm to a child than anythig. our children are often crushed ahd many are not treated worse in foster care. i know because often they the small ones don't get to keep their special toys,clothes or bottles. is their any one out there with some hopeful advice. Plrase someone respond.

T

Tigres

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>and lying to break up a family should be a crime as it causes more harm to a child than anythig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right, of course. And in Florida at least, there is at least some balance. When someone calls the child abuse hotline, a record is made of who called. This isn't shown to the suspected abuser of course! If the abuse allegations turn out to be false, then the next time the person calls, they are informed that falsely reporting this crime is a crime in itself. Third times the charm. Do it again, and they are supposed to be prosecuted.

I don't know how well it works. I just know that my ex falsely called and the Dept of Children and Families worker that came out explained it to me. We asked who had called and explained that we thought it was my ex (who had been behaving badly since he found out I was getting married again) and although the worker was unable to confirm that, the look on his face did! :rolleyes:

Whether or not he ever called again, I do not know. I do know we haven't been contacted again.

While it may be frustrating that someone has done this to you, keep in mind that the law is also made to protect people who do report real abuse, even if it can't be substantiated! Sometimes the laws are decent and the people who you have to deal with aren't! However, I do not know what the laws are in your area or if the law about reporting abuse falsely was a Florida state law or a federal law. Perhaps someone else can answer that.

Take Care,

Tig

------------------
I am not a lawyer. Any information relayed is merely my own experience or research.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">