• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Destiny

I live in california. My divorce will be final in December. My soon to be ex has given me permission to move my kids and I out of state. We will be moving after the first of the year. I know that I have to get his permission in writting and file it with the court, but what I am wondering is, can I do all of this prior to our divorce being final in Decemebr and how long of a process is it after the papers are signed to when I will be able to move?? If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Destiny:
I live in california. My divorce will be final in December. My soon to be ex has given me permission to move my kids and I out of state. We will be moving after the first of the year. I know that I have to get his permission in writting and file it with the court, but what I am wondering is, can I do all of this prior to our divorce being final in Decemebr and how long of a process is it after the papers are signed to when I will be able to move?? If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Add a clause to the final order that ex is allowing a move-away. Then, when the judge signs the order, no more permission is required. The only thing you'll be required to do is to always inform your ex of the address where his children are residing.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

MySonsMom

IAAL: How would you word something in say a divorce decree stating that if a move is in order that all is needed is a 30-60 day notice of the move...With no permission needed. ??? (for future use if needed)

------------------
~MySonsMom~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">