• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h12311991

I legally separated in NC w/j custody and I having primary. We divorced in NV with him having j/primary custody. Reason being I had a stroke and was unable to care for my children. I had to move to NC to regain p/custody of my children, He has fought me all the way. He had the children for 6 months while I recovered. We now have j/c with me primary. He tried to get NC to honor the NV decree with "him" having the primary. NC did not honor the NV order but reinstated the NC order which states I have Primary. My atty told me that NC does not have to honor any out of state concent orders if it wishes not to and in my case they did not. Now that this case is over I'm going back home to Nevada. Can he have the NC consent order not be valid in Nevada and try to use the NV Divorce decree that states he has primary physical custody? this really scares me. I do not want to lose my children to this man that does not pay child support nor visit. And is behind aprox. $10,000 in support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">