• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He is now threatening to stop all money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mscatzie

Her I am again. I live in NJ. Married 26 years, w/2 children 13 & 16.

He has no apartment and no bills except for the ordinary.

He left and only pays child support and his van payment, which the van is in my name.

I have a mortgage, credit card, etc/ (Both our names are on these bills) and a lot of extra child expenses since my son will be in junior year and between the SAt's & college application fees and sporting fees, I cannot afford to pay these things.

My daughter also needs braces. He refuses to help me w/this also.

He refuses to help with any of these bills.

Only child support. (I hope) Tonight, he told me he is going to stop paying me everything.

I know I have to take him to court, but I am totally broke and barely able to keep up the mortgage.

Also, one more thing, the vehicle he drives is in my name and I can't afford to pay the payments. Can I take it and sell it without getting in trouble since I know by law it belongs to both of us.

Can anyone advise me if he is responsible for any of these other bills besides child support which I know he will have to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">