• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued for Repo Deficiency!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

macvictim

:mad: After losing my job and almost losing me newly purchased home, I surrendered my vehicle to the credit union and they agreed that I can make payments on the balance once sold, and they won't charge me interest... well 3 years into the deal I realize they've been charging me 8.5% interest the entire time... I made several verbal inquiries into this until the collection agent finally said, "put it in writing" I did, and after realizing that I was right because in the doc I signed it said specifically "waived interest" she decided to go ahead and waive all future interest, but that did nothing to all interest previously paid... I wrote my second letter and received no response.. so then I stopped paying, next thing you know I being sued and am required to appear before the judge in small claims court (Hillsborough County Florida) for a pre-trial conference WHAT SHOULD I DO!! Please Help!!

-Sam

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

macvictim said:
:mad: After losing my job and almost losing me newly purchased home, I surrendered my vehicle to the credit union and they agreed that I can make payments on the balance once sold, and they won't charge me interest... well 3 years into the deal I realize they've been charging me 8.5% interest the entire time... I made several verbal inquiries into this until the collection agent finally said, "put it in writing" I did, and after realizing that I was right because in the doc I signed it said specifically "waived interest" she decided to go ahead and waive all future interest, but that did nothing to all interest previously paid... I wrote my second letter and received no response.. so then I stopped paying, next thing you know I being sued and am required to appear before the judge in small claims court (Hillsborough County Florida) for a pre-trial conference WHAT SHOULD I DO!! Please Help!!

-Sam

My response:

Appear in court as scheduled. THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">