• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calif. court questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luv2roq

This is about California Courts and traffic ticket. Long story short: *Got ticket (honestly innocent here), *did a Trial by written declaration, *cop did not have his statement turned in by due date, *I sent letter to courts asking for dismissal on grounds of his statement not being in on time,* few hours later cop turned his statement in (no coincidence there, huh?), * case went to court, *I lost.
Calif Rule of court #828 (i think) states that if due date arrives and no statement turned in, the case goes directly to court for decision, as is. Obviously this did not happen. Do I go with a trial de novo here and pray cop does not show up or do I APPEAL it on grounds that the rules were broken??
Also, next question, Do i have right to officers statement and how do i get it?? I would like to provide you with more details but I should wait till you reply to see what you want to know...
Thanks for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">