• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misappropriation of funds??? Nepotism???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peacefrognc

What exactly constitutes misappropriation of funds??? The school district that I work for has 2 ILT (initial licensed teacher) coordinators that work at the central office. Their job is to work with and mentor all newly licensed teachers during their first 3 years of teaching. However since February they have been at my school at least 3 days a week (until recently when they began coming everyday) asking for and giving advice on end of the year testing, making posters, grading paper, facilitating surveys, etc. with all teachers not just the ILTs. They are not doing the job the county has hired them to.

Another question - What constitutes nepotism? Last year the superintendents wife came to work at our school. She could not handle the discipline issues that arose in her classroom. The superintendent sent a central office employee to sit in her class and handle her discipline. He was there to send students out of class and often suspend them. The person taht came to sit in her class was director of special programs and minortiy achievement, how does this work into him "babysitting" her class?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How do you know that the county has not requested the ILT's to help out with these projects? How do you know that they have not been asked to perform these tasks as well?

As far as nepotism goes, there is no law either requiring or forbidding the practice. The fact that the individual in question is the wife of the superintendent is a non-issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">