• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debilyn

Help! My ex and I have joint custody with phsical custody of one daughter with me and one with him on paper. I lived in Pa when all the paperwork was signed. I have lived in NJ for 8 years now only 20 mins from my ex. My daughter that I have custody of goes to school in NJ but now the ex wants her to go to school in Pa near him. I am afraid that because I live in NJ not Pa my custodial rights won't be upheld in NJ. Can I keep her in school with me while I change my address to the court. For over 8 years he has had no problem with this arrangement but he dislikes the school in NJ so he wants her in Pa. Who has the legal right to have her? I am in the process of hiring an attorney but they need $2500.00 up front. He has her now and won't let me come get her, see her or talk to her on the phone until I agree to his terms. I will be filing for custody of both soon. Do I need a lawyer licensed in Pa and NJ? Someone please help me I want my daughter back. Not to mention he is drinking again and I am afraid for her. CanI just go get her with my papers even though it says I live in Pa?

------------------

Debi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">