• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is There Anyway To Have A Judgment Removed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rachelmania

iN MAY, 2002 I FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST A "FRIEND" MY HUSBAND AND I LOANED $5000 TO BACK IN DEC 2000. HE FILED HIS ANSWER WHICH WAS THAT MY HUSBAND OWED HIM $4700 FOR RENT AND UTILITIES FROM 1997 AND 1998 SO HE TOOK THE $5000 FOR REPAYMENT. AT THE SAME TIME HE FILED A COUNTERCLAIM STATING WE OWED HIM $4700 FOR RENT AND UTILITIES FROM '97 AND '98. BEFORE WE WERE DUE TO GO TO COURT THE "FRIEND" CALLED ME AND SAID HE BELIEVED HE OWED US MONEY BUT WE ALSO OWED HIM SOME MONEY...HE WANTED TO GET TOGETHER OUT OF COURT TO AGREE ON HOW MUCH HE OWED US AND PAY US. THINKING HE WANTED TO PUT THIS TO REST AS MUCH AS I DID, I AGREED TO SETTLE OUT OF COURT. FOOLISHLY, I DID NOT APPEAR NOT THINKING THE "FRIEND" WOULD SHOW AND OBTAIN A JUDGMENT AGAINST MY HUSBAND AND I BY DEFAULT...WHICH TECHNICALLY RESULTS IN DOUBLE PAYMENT OF THE MONEY HE CLAIMS WE OWED HIM! I WAS SO FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED I JUST WANTED TO FORGET ALL ABOUT IT AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE. NOW I AM TRYING TO BUY A HOME AND THIS JUDGMENT IS COMING BACK TO HAUNT ME! I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE $5000 WE LOST ANYMORE...I JUST WANT THE JUDGMENT OFF MY RECORD! I TALKED TO THE "FRIEND" AND HE ACTED SHOCKED AND SAID HE WOULD DO WHATEVER IT TOOK TO HELP ME GET THE JUDGMENT OFF ( I PROBABLY SHOULDNT TRUST HIM THOUGH) IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO? APPEAL? FILE A FORM FOR REMOAVAL? TRY TO SUE THE "FRIEND AGAIN? HELP!!!! OUR CREDIT AND MY FAMILIES FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT!

anabanana

Rachel:

Go to this site:

www.creditboards.com

and post your question there. The place is CRAWLING with people whose lives revolve around these issues.

You can't get the judgment out of the public record. It's not like some heathen credit reporting agency that can be bribed or cajoled or threatened or negotiated with. The public record is the public record. That's that. But if your good buddy is willing to file something that says the judgment is satisfied, you can get your report updated and it will drop off seven years AFTER that is filed.

Yep, he screwwwwwed you proper, sister.

R

rachelmania

Thanks For The Advice...i Will Go To The Website You Recommended. Oh And I Dont Neccessarily Mean Just Removing From Public Record...i Mean Is There Any Way To Have The Judge Reverse Or Remove His Judgment? Even If I Show The Judge That According To The "friend" He Was Paid From The $5000 He Borrowed Back In 2000...two Years Before He Filed The Counterclaim For $4700. Isn't That A Fraudulant Claim On His Part? Doesn't That Mean He Would Be Paid Double For The Same Thing He Claimed We Owed Him? Arghhhh!!! There Has To Be Something I Can Do To Remove/discharge/reverse This Judgment...it Is Sooooo Wrong! I Guess Showing Satisfied Is Better Than Nothing But Still Is Bad On The Credit!! Anyway...thanks Again

stephenk

if your "friend" is willing to help, have him sign a satisfaction of judgment form and you file it with the court.

All your lender is worried about is that an unpaid judgment is on your credit report. Once the Satisfaction of Judgment is filed, everything should proceed smoothly with your loan.

R

rachelmania

I have since learned that you can file something called a "motion to vacate judgment". There may be a time limit in which this can be filed. I am going to check it out...I'll let ya know in case anyone else is interested.

anabanana

Well, Stephen, it would be nice if that were all the lender was worried about. Unfortunately, once you've been screwed over by someone bad enough that it harms your credit, you are forever an insignificant subhuman in this society, subject to usury rates, mindless processing and demeaning treatment. As long as you have a good number to start with, you can get every ass-kissing consideration possible, but if you've been victimized, robbed, raped, bent over and burned, IT DOESN"T MATTER what the story is if the number has already been churned through the machine. Their MINDS just turn OFFF!!! They deliberately hire moron droids to deal with sub-prime special needs borrowers, because they don't WANT anyone who can THINK!

And you can never get an EFFING EXPLANATION from ANYONE!!! Not even the doggamned courtesy of an EFFING REPLY... nothing! What does it take? WHY DO THE SLIMEBALLS AND CROOKS ALWAYS WIN??? God, I'm so SICK of it.

Integrity is COLD EFFING COMFORT when you've had everything you ever worked for STOLEN and the THIEF slithers off behind an impenetrable bankruptcy system...

jeeezus christ, WHY do the CRIMINALS get all the protection and the victims get MORE PHUCKED OVER????

ANY IDEAS? ANYONE???? Now, I'm not asking for a legal opinion here, god forbid, god FORBID, no, I'm just opening the floor to some other furious flaming...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">