• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tjo399

I need to know if one parent has had sole custody of a child but now has temporary custody because of a custody battle, can they get into trouble for moving out of state with the child? Would the authorities be able to take the child? The other parent has been granted unsupervised visitation but not overnight yet.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tjo399:
I need to know if one parent has had sole custody of a child but now has temporary custody because of a custody battle, can they get into trouble for moving out of state with the child? Would the authorities be able to take the child? The other parent has been granted unsupervised visitation but not overnight yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Repeat after me, "Kidnapping is a Federal offense".

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

T

tjo399

who said anything about kidnapping? obviously you don't have children!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tjo399:
who said anything about kidnapping? obviously you don't have children!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My further response:

Who's talking about "kidnapping"? Well, you are.

You said:

". . . because of a custody battle, can they get into trouble for moving out of state with the child?"

When you move out of State without permission from the other parent, or the court, it's Kidnapping.

Personally? I don't care what you do. Go ahead and move. Remember also, ignorance of the law is not a defense.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 21, 2000).]

T

tjo399

a simple yes would have been fine.you know, i came to this website for help, not to be harrassed. obviously i made a mistake. you apparently have some issues. please don't write back, i don't want to hear from you and if you're having some sort of custody thing of your own going on, i hope it goes the way you hope for because i wouldn't wish this on anyone.

U

usdeeper

and had IAAL answered with a simple yes, you would have been upset at the lack of info .. You came here for help, you got it.. so now it is ok to be rude ? You also need to look up the defination of harrassment as well as kidnapping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">