• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deserted , want divorce and full custody of Minor Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CS1226

Married man 7 years ago, he changed his mind about being married, a few months down the road and deserted me, but I found out I was pregnant, he did not care. Still married, seeking Divorce with Full custody of 6 year old son. I live in state of Tennessee. Have seen husband a few times over the years in town, said he wanted nothing to do with me or the child, wants to give up all legal custody and rights, the hold up of the divorce is. . money of course for one thing, and the other is he does not want to pay any child support, which is fine with me, as long as he is giving all rights, fully to me. Of which he has no problem he has said. How do I go about such a procedure? I know this has to be feasibly possible when we both agree. Help!

U

usdeeper

No it is not always possible. A man can not just give up rights and walk away. If they could, the state would go broke with all the payments for assistance they would have to make. If you truly do not want any money from this man then just file for divorce with sole custody and no visitation. Ensure that you specify NO visitation. That way he will have to return to court should he change his mind.

Personally, I would try to get a child support order in place as well in case he tries a fast one in the future. There is nothing like owing 5 years support to make a person think twice about their pointless legal action they are about to start. You do not have to collect the money, just have the order in place...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">