• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not being fair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brigit

I am the NCP of a 10 year old son--I have already filed for return of custody and am waiting for the emergency hearing. In the meantime, my son tells me that the grandmother (he was left with her, dad is in NC and then going to CA, was transferred)is telling him that calling my husband "Daddy" was against the law (I have been married to the same man for ten years) and that if he misses any of the extra activities that were planned for him, he will not be able to see me until after they come back from CA. He was also told that if I do get custody of him, that he will not be able to talk to any of his relatives and that she will change her number so he can't call. I have absolutely no problem taking him to see the grandmother if I get custody and to see any of his other relatives; I hold no animosity towards her at all, I just don't think this is fair and I want to know what I am supposed to do about my son--do I have to leave him there until the custody hearing because his dad left him (grandmother has no guardianship, medical OK's, etc.)?

LegalBeagle

Get your attorney to file an Ex-Parte motion requesting immediate temporary custody. If you do this today, you could have your child back by Friday.

Document EVERYTHING. What the current people are doing is very wrong and will add weight to your custody case. In fact, it will add weight to your Ex-Parte motion.

B

Brigit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Get your attorney to file an Ex-Parte motion requesting immediate temporary custody. If you do this today, you could have your child back by Friday.

Document EVERYTHING. What the current people are doing is very wrong and will add weight to your custody case. In fact, it will add weight to your Ex-Parte motion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am doing this pro-se--I am still waiting to hear from the court about my emergency hearing (Maryland)--it's been a week....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">