• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jamzine

My ex boyfriend of whom ihave had three children with has claimed two of the three children on his income taxes saying that they have lived with him for 12 month and is getting a return for making such a claim ... in fact the children have resided with me he hasn't even seen them in over 6 months and has paid little to sometimes no child support which has forced me to go to the board of social services for assistance ... my question is how do i go about reporting this... to further protect me and my children .... and he is only ordered to pay 42 dollars a week in childsupport which he has not the last check was for 9 dollars and 23 cents through the state child support enforcement unit

Last edited:

Snipes5

Need more information.

How did you find out that he claimed them? Did you claim them on your taxes? Did they IRS contact you in reference to this?

Snipes

JETX

"my question is how do i go about reporting this... to further protect me and my children .... and he is only ordered to pay 42 dollars a week in childsupport which he has not the last check was for 9 dollars and 23 cents through the state child support enforcement unit"
*** Contact the local IRS office and ask for the CIS (Criminal Investigation Service). A HUGE percentage of tax cheats are caught by ex-boyfriends, ex-girlfriends and ex-spouses!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">