• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need advice

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of PA. My daughter was invited to join in a shore house for senior week. We paid 395.00. Three weeks ago she was told that she was no longer allowed to be in the house. That they would return her money soon. Well soon has passed as well as many phone calls to the parent that I sent the check too. I received one phone call back about a 12 days ago and the mom said that she would send the check. Well, it never arrived. Now I only get the answering machine. Any suggestions as to what I can do to retrieve my money. I have a list of kids in the house and my account is marked paid in full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

What is the name of your state?
need advice said:
What is the name of your state? I live in the state of PA. My daughter was invited to join in a shore house for senior week. We paid 395.00. Three weeks ago she was told that she was no longer allowed to be in the house. That they would return her money soon. Well soon has passed as well as many phone calls to the parent that I sent the check too. I received one phone call back about a 12 days ago and the mom said that she would send the check. Well, it never arrived. Now I only get the answering machine. Any suggestions as to what I can do to retrieve my money. I have a list of kids in the house and my account is marked paid in full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My response:

Based soley upon your facts as presented, write the parent a "Demand" for payment, with a date certain for reimbursement, by Certified Return Receipt mail. When that fails, then take the matter to Small Claims court.

IAAL

JETX

And while waiting.. contact your bank and get a copy of the check..... front AND back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">