• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what documents to take to court???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessicaArlyn

Hi everyone. Some of you know my story, DH found our he has 8 yo. daughter from a one night stand, and now that the statute of limitations appears to be up for statutory rape, she's filed a paternity motion. Cool, wehad the girl here for the summer, it went great. DH has to go to IN next week, we are in CA, to appear in the support/custody hearing. I know he has to pay for the test, and support from when she filed, Feb., already putting us in arrears. DH is military, so he needs to bring his LES, but in determining the support amount, what else?? We live on base, so no mortgage, but do have a car payment, and three children of our own. Should he bring their b.certificats, and the car booklet?? We are eligible for food stamps ourselves, but have a car worth too much money, we are pretty broke. What monthly expenses will they take into consideration?? Biomom doesn't work, she quit a good job working at a big university so she could go on assistance for their better healthcare plan. She told me she doesn't plan on going to work for 2 more years, and has been on assistance since last Nov. Will they take her "earning capacity" into consideration, and also her live-in boyfriend's income, who makes a decent wage?? He wants to claim the girl on his taxes, b/c, technically they supported her more this year than we have. So, what documents do I have to put on the plane???
Thank you for your replies, Jessica/CA

B

browneyedprincess

Jessica

my husband also has a child born from a one night stand and they filed for back support from the date of birth, however the lawyer appealed and he only had to pay from the paternity test testing positive. He also only had to pay for 1/2 the testing. I do know that the household income is not a consideration it does not matter how much the mothers boyfriend or husband for that matter makes. He is not responsible for the birth of the child so the court sees it. In the states of ALABAMA and Texas and i really think there is a federal guideline for child support, he will have to pay based on his income they do take insurance as a deduction and also preexisiting child support oders, but if she has quit her job in order to increase the amount of support I do not know what to suggest but i would make sure that was pointed out. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">