• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stepmom03

Oregon- My husband is taking his 3 1/2 year old son to the dentist. His ex girlfriend has to pay half of the deductable. This bill is going to be big, baby root canal, etc. Ex is unemployed, depending on her boyfriend for support. The dentist office can't put the bill into two seperate names, which means the whole bill will be placed in my husbands name. We just had to file bankruptcy because the ex put $12,000 is medical bills in my husbands name. Question: Can we put the bill in the ex's name, and us pay our part. Or do we have to put the bill in husbands name, beings he is the one taking the boy to the dentist? If we have to put the bill in my husbands name, is there a time period we have to wait to file charges on ex for not paying her half? Because I know she won't and we'll end up paying it all to keep another bad mark on my husbands record.

Thank you for any advice.

B

bvnhj

A root canal for a 3 and a half year old ?? I would change dentists..

T

Tigres

I would get a second opinion. Even if the other dentist is in agreement, it would help to take to court. If not, you may have saved your little one from an unnecessary procedure and yourself from an incredible expense.

In addition, if you have joint custody, you may be required to reach an agreement with the x about any medical procedures. Since a root canal on a 3 1/2 year old will require anesthesia, (and cost so much!) I'm sure this would be considered big enough to require that if it does pertain to your case.

Tig

S

stepmom03

The 3 year old mother allows the boy to have candy, whatever whenever he wants it. He has had a cavity on his upper tooth since he was one. It has now start eating away at the tooth. The root canal is just a maybe. We haven't went in yet. The appoitment is for next Monday. The mother is finally in agreement to let us take him to the dentist. We've been fighting her about it since the cavity showed up. Plus she never took care of herself when she was pregnant, smoking weed as well. Without my husbands knowledge. Can we put the bill in her name? She is in agreement. That way it will save us the expense of having to pay it all.

S

stepmom03

First off, the root canal isn't a definate. We haven't seen the dentist yet, thats why I had originally posted the question. To see what our options were for the billing. The boy has had a cavity on his upper tooth since he was one. We have just talked the mother into letting us take him to the dentist. She hasn't allowed us to before. Between all the candy the ex lets him eat and the fact that she didn't take care of herself while she was pregnant, plus smoked weed while she was pregnant it's no wonder he has cavities. What are my options for the billing? See first post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">