• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to gather evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aezelig

What is the name of your state? NJ

Is it possible to get a third-party to turn over papers that I could use as evidence against a defendent in my small claims court case?

Do I need to file a subpoena to get these papers? I dont want to subpoena a witness, I just want copies of some paperwork that may be helpful to me.

If so, what kind of subpoena do i need to file and where can I get such a form?

JETX

What is the name of your state?
aezelig said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

Is it possible to get a third-party to turn over papers that I could use as evidence against a defendent in my small claims court case?

Do I need to file a subpoena to get these papers? I dont want to subpoena a witness, I just want copies of some paperwork that may be helpful to me.

If so, what kind of subpoena do i need to file and where can I get such a form?
Serve the third party with a Subpoena Duces Tecum, used to get records and documents. To get one, contact the court where your case is filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">