• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

82/65; Interstate 5; Salem, OR

• Thread starter AureliusVenport
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AureliusVenport

I am 19 years old, college student in Oregon. I just recieved a speeding ticket for 82 in a 65. I also got a ticket for obscuring my plates, but was told all I had to do was take the covers off and they would throw it out. Is that true? Is there any way I can get the speeding ticket thrown out? The only other ticket I ever got was a seatbelt violation, which I don't believe is even on my record.

It was a state trooper, just south of the state capital on I-5. Laser. Bright, sunny day, last day of the month.

Any help would be great. Especially any lawyers who would do it for free or cheaply.

C

coosi

I am 19 years old, college student in Oregon. I just recieved a speeding ticket for 82 in a 65.
**I assume that means you were going 82 in a 65

I also got a ticket for obscuring my plates, but was told all I had to do was take the covers off and they would throw it out. Is that true?
**If the officer told you this, do what they said, take a picture of it before and after, and take them to court with an explanation of what you were told

Is there any way I can get the speeding ticket thrown out?
**You've stated nothing to imply that you're not guilty

The only other ticket I ever got was a seatbelt violation, which I don't believe is even on my record. It was a state trooper, just south of the state capital on I-5. Laser. Bright, sunny day, last day of the month.
**Is this relevant?

Any help would be great.
**Many states (AZ, for instance) allow drivers to attend a "defensive driving" class once every 24 months that eliminates license points and MVD record of the violation

Especially any lawyers who would do it for free or cheaply.
**I'm not a lawyer. Good luck on that one ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">