• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got Stiffed !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

superiorclean

I need some help - please no junk, only serious advisors or none at all, TNX!,

Here's the bottom line -

5/2003 lost 2 contracts just signed 11 weeks prior for an additional year-reason:worker from hell!!!!

9/2003-Sued a former contractor(worker) MAG CT. for money lost because of poor work performance and constant complaints.

Lost - Judge said all my written proof was not allowable because I had no witnesses.

Appealed

1/2004-STATE CT. Brought two witnesses, (one was the actual person who fired my company because of this worker from hell. she did testify to that)both backed up each letter written to contractor identifying problems & requesting improvements. My other witness was there to testify witnessing and participating in in-person conversations w/ defendant.

LOST !!!

WHAT THE &*#$ !!

Lost in State Ct and now want to-Motion for Reconsider.

Wrote up night after court.

Every week following, I called and visited judge office and asked when the judgment was going threw so I could pass my motion onto the judge. Each time told (don know...) Mon (4/26/2004) called judge office again....Low and be $#@ing hold the judgment has been in over sixty days. I have been calling judge. My lawyer never received any written or verbal info., neither did I.

I went to ct. house and got a photo copy of judgment.

Told I cannot file motion without opening a seperate case - $65.

WHAT MORE CAN I DO...I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LOST - I SUED HIM, I PROVIDED THE COURT WITH ALL MY PROOF (WITNESSES AND PAPER TRAIL) THE GUY COST ME $43k AND I LOST AND HAVE TO PAY HIM ( OH BY THE WAY AT THE TIME OF THE BREACH AND TERMINATION OF THIS A$$ HE WAS DUE $1700 FOR WORK COMPLETED THE MONTH BEFORE. HAD I NOT LOST ALL MY CONTRACTS AND BEEN PAID FOR THAT PERIOD THAT HE WORKED WHEN HE GOT UP AND ACTUALLY WENT TO WORK I WOULD HAVE BROKEN TIES WITH HIM FAIRLY BUT THIS IS THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLED ....HELP

I was supposed to received a confirmation of judgment from courts. I anxiously awaited so I could file a Motion to Reconsider. I called every week and was told NO NO NO each time. Last time called - Mon 4/26 and was told that the judgment passed over sixty days ago. I was livid having been lied to countless times and now I was unable to file motion.

WHAT CAN I DO ????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ?????

Last edited:

K

krispenstpeter

you can start by editing your post to state WHERE IN THE HELL THIS TOOK PLACE! :rolleyes:

S

superiorclean

what are you talking about?!?!?!?

the entire question is in just about the most detailed form you can ask for. do you just not have any advice or are you trying to pick on the newbie?

Whats Up ???

K

krispenstpeter

Simply put, you blew it during the first trial and you don't get a chance to retry on your own errors.

Since the second hearing is required on defacto basis, ONLY reversable errors of law can be considered, NOT new evidence.

You obviously got a break but didn't win.

Oh well. Horse pucky happens.

By the way, the mere fact that you 'claim' you lost money because of the worker does not negate your legal requirement to pay for work already completed. By doing so, regardless of the preceived excuse, you broke the law.

JETX

Simple answer to a LONG and detailed post.
For some reason (and we have insufficient FACTS to explain), you lost your case.
Though not clear, it appears that your original claim was filed in small claims court, then you appealed to 'state' court and lost there. However, that is confusing as my reference tells me that Connecticut does not allow small claims appeals.

Yes, you can certainly file a motion to reconsider, but those seldom (if ever) are successful without your being able to provide CONSIDERABLE legal support for your motion.

Your only other option (depending on FULL facts and requires a LEGAL basis) would be to appeal the civil court ruling.

And finally, you are certainly free to take your entire case to a local attorney who can review it and advise what, if any, additional action may be appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">