• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breech of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifer_b_h

What is the name of your state? Ohio

What is the typical time frame to be contacted by an attorney in a pending lawsuit? I was contacted March 2 by phone by the company and was told to get an attorney as I was going to be sued for breeching a contract. I have not since heard anything from the company or an attorney. A local attorney told me not to worry about it since I have not received anything written- from the company or the attorney- I do know that the statue of limitations in ohio is 4 years, but I was just curious on how long it typically takes to receive something.

Thank you

JETX

"What is the typical time frame to be contacted by an attorney in a pending lawsuit?"
*** There isn't any. A claimant (plaintiff) can file his/her suit at any time up to the expiration of the SOL.

"I was contacted March 2 by phone by the company and was told to get an attorney as I was going to be sued for breeching a contract."
*** That 'threat' is just that.... a threat. It does NOT mean that litigation is pending, or even 'in process'.

"I have not since heard anything from the company or an attorney. A local attorney told me not to worry about it since I have not received anything written- from the company or the attorney"
*** And I agree. For each 'threat' of a lawsuit, only a small percentage actually end up with filing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">