• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First jury trial, what should I expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Raptor13x

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I've asked for a jury trial for a reckless driving ticket I recieved, and I'd like to know what to expect, like the course of events throughout the legal process before and during court. What do I have to have prepared, and what should I know?

I've completed arraignment and pre-trial, and the actual trial is in a month. I recieved a "Prosecuters Demand for Discovery" too, do I have to respond to this or am I allowed to keep the prosecuter in the dark as to my defense to give me the upper hand? I am defending myself and refuse to get a lawyer, and dont try to convince me to, thats not what I'm here for, I'd just like to know what to expect. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Jim

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Raptor13x said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I've asked for a jury trial for a reckless driving ticket I recieved, and I'd like to know what to expect, like the course of events throughout the legal process before and during court. What do I have to have prepared, and what should I know?

I've completed arraignment and pre-trial, and the actual trial is in a month. I recieved a "Prosecuters Demand for Discovery" too, do I have to respond to this or am I allowed to keep the prosecuter in the dark as to my defense to give me the upper hand? I am defending myself and refuse to get a lawyer, and dont try to convince me to, thats not what I'm here for, I'd just like to know what to expect. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Jim

My response:

You're on the wrong forum. Try it again on the correct forum.

IAAL

R

Raptor13x

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Would you like me to walk you around by the hand, too?

Put it either in the Traffic Law forum or the Criminal Law forum.

IAAL
Is everyone here this much of a dickhead?? You are the most unhelpful ******* I have EVER met on an internet forum, bar none, and I've been around quite a few for a long time. I'm sorry, but get a life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Raptor13x said:
Is everyone here this much of a dickhead?? You are the most unhelpful ******* I have EVER met on an internet forum, bar none, and I've been around quite a few for a long time. I'm sorry, but get a life.

My response:

Thank you. Now, hold out your hand . . .

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">