• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a problem with serving someone the papers to take him to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

face

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? The name of my state is Wisconsin. I need to take someone to small claims court, but the problem is he doesnt really have a permanent address at the moment. He just kinda sleeps at his friends apartments in a real unreliable fashion. I do know where he works, is it possible to just provide this information to serve him the papers so I can take him to small claims? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

K

krispenstpeter

If you are using the court to serve him or the sheriff's office, simply provide them with his employment office. The secretary will be very surprised to learn that upon her signing for the letter this employee has been duly served :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">