• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stella Awards.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

I don't remember if this has been posted before, but here is the link to this years "Stella Awards".
http://www.stellaawards.com/2003.htm

These awards came about as a result of the infamous 'McDonalds Coffee' suit where Stella Liebeck of Albuquerque, New Mexico sued McDonalds in February 1992. She eventually won $200,000 in compensatory damages, plus $2.7 million in punitive damages. This award was subsequently reduced the punitive award to ONLY $480,000. This example of stupid and inane lawsuits grew to become the annual 'Stella Awards".

NCTrialLawBlog

The Stella Awards are a Myth, ubran Legend

Oh, come on guys, you have got to be kidding.

The Stella Awards are a myth dreamed up by Insurance Companies in an attempt to make everyone think that all claims are frivolous.

So you have your mind made up about the McDonalds Coffee case? Well read this and see if you still believe the hype!

Anyone posting this stuff has fallen prey to corporate America and the insurance companies. If you disagree, I volunteer to come to your house an give you second and third degree burns to your private parts. You would just accept it as your duty to take the pain, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

You Are Guilty

NCTrialLawBlog said:
Oh, come on guys, you have got to be kidding.

The Stella Awards are a myth dreamed up by Insurance Companies in an attempt to make everyone think that all claims are frivolous.

So you have your mind made up about the McDonalds Coffee case? Well read this and see if you still believe the hype!

Anyone posting this stuff has fallen prey to corporate America and the insurance companies. If you disagree, I volunteer to come to your house an give you second and third degree burns to your private parts. You would just accept it as your duty to take the pain, right?

1. Way to revive the dead - this post is over two years old. (Please stay away from graveyards, we have enough zombies here already).

2. No one said burning one's crotch is enjoyable. However, there is a clear disdain in the law for punitives, particularly in a case with some obvious culpable conduct, which is probably why this one has garnered so much attention (admittedly, most people seem only to care about the twisted version of the facts).

3. I'd love to hear more about the "corporate America" and "Insurance Company" conspiricy you seem to be referencing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">