• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Old Salt

In Texas I believe that the statute of limitations is four years after the child turns 18 to collect on back child support.Ywo of my children are over 23. One is 19.With a delinguincy of $20,ooo.how much can I seek in back payments? Their are 3 more years remaining to seek back payments because of the 19 year old. Since the other two children have past the four year mark,how would this work.Is the Attorney General's statite of limitations four years also?

A

adelia

Why have you waited so long to ask for child support. Why didn't you ask for it sooner and save the money? The monthly payments that you could have received could have accumalated a lot of interest which would have been in the best interest of your children.
BUT, I do think that you should hold the children's father financially responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">