• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turn signal traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dustinh

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I just got a ticket with 2 citations on it. They are 12.04.161 and 12.04.152 they basically mean that my rear turn signals need to be of amber color. The second means my side markers in the rear need to be of amber color. They currently are white in the rear turn signals and white on the side markers as well.

I have already gone to court for this before and I replaced my old bulbs with original factory Honda bulbs. They dismissed it and I paid a reduced fine and they let me go. So I thought I was in the clear and had fixed this until tonight when I got pulled over and received another ticket for the same thing that I thought I fixed. This is almost like double jeopardy, just not on a sever level. Now I am really mad about this and confused at the same time because I thought I had fixed this problem.

Now when I got this fixed the last time they didn't comeout and check my car out or anything, so are they partly responsible for not checking it out and being lazy on their part? I basically want to know if there is any grounds for me getting off of this? Is there anything that I can do that might help me out here? I will do anything, I just want to be done with this, but it keeps coming back to get me, its like they are trying to suck everything they can out of me. :mad: Please let me know...thanks!!

D

dustinh

No one knows anything??

So I take it that no one knows anything about this stuff? Any opinions or anything would be great. Or am I basically just screwed and I am going to have to pay fines for this ridiculous charge? :confused:

racer72

You admit your car is in violation of the law. Make it legal and go to court. I would bet you have aftermarket lens' on your car.

D

dustinh

good assumption

Well you assumed right on the after market tail lights. Its something I was realy into when I was in college, and I had the blue lights and everything ike that, but I replaced them with OEM bulbs now, but I guess those aren't legal either when I have clear lens on my turn sginals.

I do plan to go to court for this, its not like I am not going to go, I just didn't know if I have any grounds to get this dismissed. due to the fact I originally changed the old blue bulbs to OEM(original equipment manufacturer) bulbs for the first time I went to court, thinking I did right and fixed the problem the first time. But I thought wrong. So I am going to change it before court, once more, just didn't know if anyone thought I might be able to get this dropped?

I am also getting tired of buying new bulbs for my car, this is gong to be my third set now and I can't use 2 of them. :(

Last edited:

racer72

Your problem is that OEM bulb are not legal with the aftermarket lens. As I said, make the car legal by installing amber bulbs or the original lens. It will be up to the judge as to whether the citation can be dropped or not.

D

dustinh

thanks

Yeah, that is the plan, to change them out. But what bothers me is how can one day they decide that they will drop it and the next the won't drop it and you will be paying a fine. Just cause there in a bad mood, doesn't mean I should get punished for it!!

Just like the last time I went to court, they did reduce the fine, but they only reduced it 50% and I had to pay $35. My brother-in-law went to court for the same thing and his friend too and both of them had to pay $5 each. So why do I get discriminated against and not them. I was not being difficult with the prosecuting attorney or anything, or so I thought. Why do you think this is and how can they do such a thing? Shouldn't it be an equal punishment?? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">