• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Officer Assaults Student

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SC911

What is the name of your state? TX

This happened to my friend's son. It's so unbelievable to me that I wanted to post it and just get some opinions on it. I don't think she should let this just drop.

Student is in the office for a tardy and he's talking to counselor #1. Officer (campus police officer not trained as campus officer) comes into office and wants to know what's going on. Counselor #1 explains to officer (black, female, new cop) that student is in office for tardy. Officer wants to know why student isn't talking to '#2 counselor-in-charge?' Both counselors say it is okay and the student would rather talk to counselor #1. Officer starts throwing weight around and insisted that student either talk to counselor #2 or just go back to class. Officer is angry and yelling at student. Student asks to use the phone to call mom. Officer yells "No!" and grabs students and throws him against a wall. Officer then grabs student and throws him out into the hallway and yells at him to go back to class. Student is devastated because he thought he and officer had a good relationship and he goes back to class and cries for 10 minutes and then calls his mom.

Mom files police report against officer. Neighboring town's PD is assigned the criminal investigation of the officer. Neighboring town's investigation surprisingly shows 'no criminal intent.' The administrative investigation (internal affairs) also shows that the officer did nothing wrong when she threw the student against the wall. Police reports of statements of school officials and the officer show tons of discrepancies, stories that change, lies that were told. This is a brief version of what happened so I won't take up too much space.

This officer is being protected for her criminal actions against this 14-year-old boy. What can the mom do from here to try to get some justice for her son and this cop that abused her authority and violated this boy's right to go to school without being attacked by an untrained student resource officer?

stephenk

Other than hurt feelings and now knowing the officer is not his friend, what damages did the kid suffer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Coosi, you might find this link to be more appropriate and ON POINT to the situation, rather than a mere generalized link to the ACLU.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Shay-Pari'e

Coosi, why not keep this stuff on the other thread with IAAL? The question has been answered, there was already a department investigation, as well as a school one.

C

coosi

Why didn't you tell IAAL to keep it on another thread with me? I didn't even know he was still on the forum. I was providing another opinion (Hey correct me if that's no longer allowed in the US), he provided the distracting info...

Geez :confused: :confused:

C

coosi

Well if you can deduce that from HIS post, then maybe you should get a job with the Psychic Network...

There was already a investigation, and a conclusion made. There is not enough evidence to persue anything else.
Today 07:50 PM
Oh, that's right, you are psychic.. :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)Neighboring town's PD is assigned the criminal investigation of the officer. Neighboring town's investigation surprisingly shows 'no criminal intent.' The administrative investigation (internal affairs) also shows that the officer did nothing wrong when she threw the student against the wall. Police reports of statements of school officials and the officer show tons of discrepancies, stories that change, lies that were told. This is a brief version of what happened so I won't take up too much space.(QUOTE) From the poster......

I really did not have to be psychic.

C

coosi

Police reports of statements of school officials and the officer show tons of discrepancies, stories that change, lies that were told.
Really. I get a totally different picture, but of course, I'm not psychic...

Shay-Pari'e

Well of course that is all you saw, along will telling people they are psychic. I'm ending this with you, you can have the last word, if not I have a feeling you could go on and on, and it's not fair to the poster.

S

SC911

Thanks for all of the replies, I think.

Anyway, the school did an investigation (a counselor witnessed this and even said in her statement that the force of the shove caused her to go into the wall also!!) and found that the officer's actions warranted the officer being relieved of her duties as the SRO. Also, the State Education Agency also found the officer's actions to be unlawful and wrong.

It's obvious that the police departments are covering up the officer's actions by saying that nothing was done wrong on her part, yet the school's investigation and the SEA's investigation says the officer did do wrong. This is not right.

What did the boy suffer? He suffered being thrown against a wall for no reason at all by an authority figure. He's suffered emotionally and mentally because of this. He continues to suffer because the police dept's won't acknowledge that this officer did something wrong. Officers get disciplined for not getting to work on time, but this officer's not getting any discipline for throwing a kid against a wall?

K

krispenstpeter

And something that has not been mentioned at all in any of your 'facts' relating to this case is, was the officer employed by the school system or was this an on-duty police officer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">