• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

officer planted the dope on me....now what??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Giver Hell

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My cousin and I was pulled over because we(or should say my cousin) did a gas run. The police pulled my cousin out and arrested him. Then asked me to step out and then proceeded to pat search me. After that the police then began to do a vehicle search. I did throw a pipe pipe under the seat of the truck and I did take full responsibility for it. So anyway the police found the pipe, arrested me for drug parafinalia and put me in a separate police car by myself. The police continued to search the truck. My arresting officer came back to his car then took me to the police station to be booked. We pull up at the station, he opens my door and I step out of the car and turned around to noticed that my chap stick and pocket knife had fallen out of my coat pocket. I then ask the officer if he would grap them for me and he told me no he would get them later. He then took me inside the station where another officer took took an inventory list of my personal belongings. While that was happening my arresting officer when back out to his police car to search for anything that I stuff in the back seat. The officer then came back inside the station and held a bag of meth in his hand and told another officer to charge him(me) with a possession of schedule II drug or CDS. I told the officer that it was not mine and he could finger print it to prove it. He informed me that he search his car after ever arrest.

Now I know this was my cousins bag of meth and that my cousin tried to hide it in his truck. At the time I did not know he had any dope on him and that I knew I didn't have any either. My cousin has already been to prison over drug charges and was facing a gun charge from a recent arrest. I have never had any kind of drug charge or arrest or felony on my record so the officers wanted to plant the dope on me to "put me in the system." They asked me several times while they search me and the truck if I have ever been arrested for drugs before in which I told them I had not.

Now heres my question: Does the police officer have to let you watch while they do a search?

After reading my story does anyone think that I would have a chance fighting it in court?

Can I request finger prints from the bag that was found in the police car?

JETX

"I have never had any kind of drug charge or arrest or felony on my record so the officers wanted to plant the dope on me to "put me in the system."
*** Yeah, right!!! Do you really think that a police officer would drive around carrying a bag of meth just waiting for you to screw up so that he can plant the drugs on YOU?? Are you that much of a bad-ass person in town that you really think the police officer is going to risk his career just to 'take you down'?? Do you realize how incredibly unlikely any of that sounds???

"They asked me several times while they search me and the truck if I have ever been arrested for drugs before in which I told them I had not."
*** Maybe this is your first arrest, but with you carrying a crack pipe, it sure isn't your first time using drugs!!

"Does the police officer have to let you watch while they do a search?"
*** No. Unlikel low life drug users and other scum bags, police officers are presumed to NOT do illegal acts.

"After reading my story does anyone think that I would have a chance fighting it in court?"
*** Fighting is right. The court will have to fight from breaking out laughing!!

"Can I request finger prints from the bag that was found in the police car?"
*** Of course your DEFENSE attorney can. Get one.... you need him.

And for the benefit of 'coosi', a gas run is pumping gas then fleeing the station.... also known as 'theft'.

C

coosi

**Good Job, JETX, we agree (on all but one minor detail - the pipe, probably a meth pipe, but hey, I'm feeling generous)... :rolleyes:

And for the benefit of 'coosi', a gas run is pumping gas then fleeing the station
**OOH, Thanks, JETX, IMO even an IDIOT would refrain from "gassing up" until they weren't "HI" anymore and had disposed of the "evidence" (I bet we agree on that :D )

Last edited:

JETX

coosi said:
**OOH, Thanks, JETX, IMO even an IDIOT would refrain from "gassing up" until they weren't "HI" anymore and had disposed of the "evidence" (I bet we agree on that :D )
What the hell are you talking about???
No one said ANYTHING about theft of gas while they were high!!! In fact, it is more likely that the drivers 'gas run' was completely NOT related to the writers issue but was the reason they officer stopped the vehicle and the subsequent search and arrest.

Seriously, you must have done some real bad drugs to have warped your 'logic thought' process the way you clearly have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">