• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors dog came in MY yard.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ralph69

What is the name of your state? Pa.

I have a female Husky, a year and a half old. I planned on breeding her next year when she was ready. I live in a rural area with 2 acres for my dog to run. My dog is highly trained and does not leave the property, ever. Recently she came into heat and while I was working in the yard last week the neighbors Irish Setter from 1/2 mile up the road came on my property and mounted my dog like a champ :eek: , I swear it was like he ran in and tried to do the deed as quick as possible. I quickly ran over yelling and throwing anything I could at this mutt but I am afraid I may have been too late. Not only will this litter be a huge burden on me physically and financially, buy morally because now there are some more mutts in this world that people aren't going to want....I vow to find them good homes for free but this isn't the point. To top it all off the dogs owner is a retired state trooper. So, I have to know exactly where I stand legally before I give him the old "Knock at the door". I feel he should compensate 100% plus my aggrevation, but what do I do?

HELP!!

nextwife

Honest to gosh, I don't know the legal liability. However, IMHO, any female dog in heat hanging around accessable outside is an open invitation to ANY unleashed male canine for miles around. If your neighbors dog hadn't got to her her, any stray dog or wild coyote or even wolf in the general area very well could have. I never left my female dog out for more than a few minutes to do their deed (and on leash by their side) when in heat. Dogs I'd never seen before showed up in the yard. It's natural that a male dog is drawn there. And there are plenty on at large male canines out and about that nobody controls. If the pups turn out to be the setter's, it's only because he got there first.

And plenty of us want and prefer "mutes", so I am hopeful you will be successful placing any pups that may need homes. But you can't count on a female in heat not being mounted if she's about outside.

R

Ralph69

Quote by "nextwife": "If the pups turn out to be the setter's, it's only because he got there first."

Come on, do I look born yesterday? I am outside with her when she is out, all the time, and wolves and coyotes don't come around people in broad daylight, especailly around other canines, they are pack animals.

So, the question isn't how much I'm at fault, it happened, it's done, I wasn't 5 feet from her...shoot me. The question IS, where do I go from here legally? This is a legal advice forumn, but thanks for the socialite comment.

R

Ralph69

I see how you have 40,000+ posts.....39,993 of them must have been just as un-informative, and meaningless as this one.

JETX

Against my better judgement (since you appear to be a real jackass!), I will answer your question:

"where do I go from here legally? "
*** You go nowhere. No laws have been violated, nor have you suffered any damage. Your claims (at least so far) are imaginary. Hell, you don't even know if your dog is pregnant or not.

K

krispenstpeter

As Jet so eloquently told you, YOU have no case. If this is a purebred meant for breeding the dog should have never been let out, even under supervision.

I can tell from your post that you are either new to breeding, or haven't a clue the legal and/or ethical considerations of reputable breeders.

And don't pull out the soapbox. Unless you want to go toe to toe with someone who owns three purebred racing horses, one going all the way back to Snowden in 1736, two purebred Chows and 27 purebred Persian show cats, among them 25 National Grand Champions and who has sold these cats around the world for from $3,500 to $5,000 apiece.

It is YOUR responsibility to protect your pet. PERIOD.

racer72

I've been wondering what the puppies will look like. And every dog I have ever owned has been a mutt and I wouldn't trade them for any purebred.

R

Ralph69

krispenstpeter said:
As Jet so eloquently told you, YOU have no case. If this is a purebred meant for breeding the dog should have never been let out, even under supervision.

I can tell from your post that you are either new to breeding, or haven't a clue the legal and/or ethical considerations of reputable breeders.

And don't pull out the soapbox. Unless you want to go toe to toe with someone who owns three purebred racing horses, one going all the way back to Snowden in 1736, two purebred Chows and 27 purebred Persian show cats, among them 25 National Grand Champions and who has sold these cats around the world for from $3,500 to $5,000 apiece.

It is YOUR responsibility to protect your pet. PERIOD.
OK, the dog shouldn't have been let out? Sorry, but she doesn't use the toilet in the house yet.

The only un-ethical thing here is an un-neutured dog roaming around knocking up anything that moves.

As far as the soapbox thing goes...good for you.

And I will protect my pet with my 45 Glock....if I tag the ******* I'll post pics.

Ooh and Jet, I will have an ultrasound done in another week, in the meantime I figure I would get my facts straight first, before I open my mouth, something you should try. As far as no laws have been broken...Pa. has a leash law, ever heard of it?? Making him responsible for expenses incurred due to his ignorance. Theoretically, if I knock up yer wife, are you responsible for the stunning off-spring she produces?? According to you no laws have been broken there either.

stephenk

"Theoretically, if I knock up yer wife, are you responsible for the stunning off-spring she produces?? According to you no laws have been broken there either."

JETX would be responsible for the child even if you were the one to get his wife pregnant - if JETX was married to her, living with her and was not sterile. California law.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
"Theoretically, if I knock up yer wife, are you responsible for the stunning off-spring she produces?? According to you no laws have been broken there either."

JETX would be responsible for the child even if you were the one to get his wife pregnant - if JETX was married to her, living with her and was not sterile. California law.

My response:

Actually, JetX would have 2 years within which to dispute paternity. California law.

IAAL

BL

and wolves and coyotes don't come around people in broad daylight,
Want to bet.Obviously you have never seen ( even a recording on the news),or heard of this,or your just blowing you exhaust .

Last edited:
K

krispenstpeter

I was going to comment on that one too blondie but thought this idiot wouldn't know what a coyote looked like much less how they act.

I guess that skin hanging in my library isn't a coyote then. The one I shot at 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday when he tried to attack Buster in my own backyard.

Hell, we get them from about 5 p.m. to 4 a.m. here. Great for target practice. :D

nextwife

C'mon. The problem is OBVIOUSLY that the "Keep Out" notice was posted in English only, so the neighbor's dog was unable to read and understand it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">