• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of marijuana/stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randsilva

What is the name of your state? MA

Two of my friends got pulled over last friday. The cops found 1 gram of marijuana, then they searched the trunk and found $900 worth of merchandise that belonged to another friend that was asleep at the moment.
The driver claimed the drugs and told the cops that his friend asked him to hold the merchandise until the next day, he also gave the cops the friend's address and complete name.
What happened was that the manager of the store didn't want to put the clothes on the floor because he was closing the store. They then put all the merchandise in the trunk of the driver (whom is not employed by the store) and they were suppose to put the merchandise back in the very next day.
The driver claimed the marijuana and was charged with: driving without a license, possession of marijuana and stolen property.
The passenger was charged with: possession of marijuana, receiving stolen property and conspiracy to commit larceny.
The friend that was the store manager already lost his job, but he doesn't know yet if they are going to press charges.
There were other three people in the car which the cops let walk out without asking any questions.
Please, help us. We don't understand all the charges against the passenger since the driver claimed the marijuana and he had no clue that the clothes were in the car.
What about the manager??? Besides losing his job, what else could happen to him?
Can their case be judged as one case only?

Last edited:

R

randsilva

Reply to Guru

Guru, as being a senior member of the forum, you should try to help people.
My friends are in trouble, big time and we're trying to help. You don't know them, you have no ideia how good friends they are. They would never laught at people's expense. Everytime i have a chance, i check this website, justo to see if someone can help us until we get a lawyer. I do, i need to help my friends or if i can, anyone else that needs help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Son of Slam

randsilva said:
Guru, as being a senior member of the forum, you should try to help people.
My friends are in trouble, big time and we're trying to help. You don't know them, you have no ideia how good friends they are. Everytime i have a chance, i check this website, justo to see if someone can help us until we get a lawyer. I do, i need to help my friends or if i can, anyone else that needs help. People like you, make this important communication tool lose its credibility.

You are right. Being the Star Member here I have a responsibility to help all criminals and dope heads. Just the fact that they are your good friends makes it necessary for me to help as much as I can. I am now in the process of putting together your very own Dream Team. Are you black? Do you have AIDS? Have you ever killed anyone without a good reason? Do you have ADD or live in a trailer? Do you believe in Kobe?

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Son of Slam said:
You are right. Being the Star Member here I have a responsibility to help all criminals and dope heads. Just the fact that they are your good friends makes it necessary for me to help as much as I can. I am now in the process of putting together your very own Dream Team. Are you black? Do you have AIDS? Have you ever killed anyone without a good reason? Do you have ADD or live in a trailer? Do you believe in Kobe?

My response:

Too much! Too damn funny! I can't take it!

IAAL

calatty

The police can charge your friend because they don't have to believe the driver's claim that the marijuana was his or the passenger's claim that he didn't know what was in the trunk. As far as the story about not wanting to put the merchandise on the floor so they put it in this guy's trunk, no jury would believe it, so if he's offered a plea, he should go for it.

VR_Hunter

Driving without a license, illegal drugs on board/possession, possession of stolen property, receiving stolen property and conspiracy to commit larceny, and a long line of improbable bull. Forget it, your friends, and the manager, are fried. The story sounds bad on this forum and will sound even worse in court. The judge won't laugh because he has heard it before. I have heard similar stories and I am not a judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">