• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman posed as child's guardian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bombria

In Michigan, a "friend" took our daughter to get her ears pierced without our permission and signed the form as her legal guardian. We live in Louisiana. One of the ears is infected, possibly both and we will be taking the child to the doctor next week. Do we have a case against the woman who did this and/or the stor that allowed it? We have all documentation from the ear piercing establishment including the perpetrator's signature, initials, and claim of legal guardianship. Thanks in advance for your help.

stephenk

the problem you face is that your legal action would need to take place in Michigan. That is where the problem began for getting the piercing.

Did the infection begin after she came back home to you?

B

bombria

The infection took place after she returned to Louisiana. The child's state of residence is also Louisiana. Also, it was done at one of those chain stores which has locatons in Louisiana. Maybe I should just get off my lazy butt and call one of my lawyer friends... :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bombria said:
Maybe I should just get off my lazy butt and call one of my lawyer friends... :)

My response:

Oh, brother. You've been watching the "Goodbye Girl" . . . "call one of my lawyer friends" . . . Yeah, right.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">