• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statement Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ancient55

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a few buddies that were arrested for underage drinking about 3 weeks ago , One is 21 and other is 19 , The 21 yr old is known by the police and is not liked , Well the 19 yr old having alchoel in his system had informed the officer 2 times he did not wish to make a statement against his friend when they were detained,. The officer kept asking until the 19 yr old gave in , And as he wrote out the statment the officer told him what to put. Coming to his senses he figured out what he did and the impact it could have on the 21 yr old . And is trying to get the statment thrown out before it gets to court. B/c the 21 yr old is facing charges of buying alchoel for a minor, Is there a way of going about getting this statement back or thrown out of court before it reaches the court date?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ancient55 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have a few buddies that were arrested for underage drinking about 3 weeks ago , One is 21 and other is 19 , The 21 yr old is known by the police and is not liked , Well the 19 yr old having alchoel in his system had informed the officer 2 times he did not wish to make a statement against his friend when they were detained,. The officer kept asking until the 19 yr old gave in , And as he wrote out the statment the officer told him what to put. Coming to his senses he figured out what he did and the impact it could have on the 21 yr old . And is trying to get the statment thrown out before it gets to court. B/c the 21 yr old is facing charges of buying alchoel for a minor, Is there a way of going about getting this statement back or thrown out of court before it reaches the court date?

My response:

Yes. Since the written statement was obviously placed in a manila file folder, along with the rest of the investigative paperwork for the D.A., then your only alternative to keeping the statement out of court is to burn the building down.

IAAL

A

Ancient55

D.A? why would he be brought in? But i was told to have a lawyer file a motion to supress . I think that would be a little better then what was it "burn the building down"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ancient55 said:
D.A? why would he be brought in?

MY RESPONSE: Boy, do you have a lot to learn about the criminal justice system. Who do you think will be the prosecutor? That person is called the A.D.A. (Assistant District Attorney). She looks like CalAtty, with her hair tied up in an extremely tight bun, and wears a tight blue suit - - so tight that her boobs are flattened.

But i was told to have a lawyer file a motion to supress.

MY RESPONSE: First, the word is "suppress". Second, that's certainly one other alternative.

I think that would be a little better then what was it "burn the building down"
MY RESPONSE: Yeah, but my method is a little more exciting. And, just think of all the hotdogs you could cook, and all the marshmallows you could roast!

Block Party!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">