• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal sexual conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David H

What is the name of your state? SC
I have reviewed the SC laws and I am unclear on age of consent.
My son is being threatened with CSC. He is 20 and the girl is fourteen. Can he be prosecuted?
SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with minors.
(2) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is fourteen years of age or less but who is at least eleven years of age.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Constitutional amendment ratified
SECTION 1. The amendment to Section 33, Article III of the Constitution of South Carolina, 1895, prepared under the terms of joint resolution 444 of 1998, having been submitted to the qualified electors at the general election of 1998 as prescribed in Section 1, Article XVI of the Constitution of South Carolina, 1895, and a favorable vote having been received on the amendment, is ratified and declared to be a part of the Constitution so that Section 33 of Article III is amended to read:
"Section 33. No unmarried woman shall legally consent to sexual intercourse who shall not have attained the age of fourteen years."
Ratified the 16th day of February, 1999.
These two statements contradicted each other what is the answer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

David H said:
What is the name of your state? SC
I have reviewed the SC laws and I am unclear on age of consent.
My son is being threatened with CSC. He is 20 and the girl is fourteen. Can he be prosecuted?
SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with minors.
(2) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is fourteen years of age or less but who is at least eleven years of age.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Constitutional amendment ratified
SECTION 1. The amendment to Section 33, Article III of the Constitution of South Carolina, 1895, prepared under the terms of joint resolution 444 of 1998, having been submitted to the qualified electors at the general election of 1998 as prescribed in Section 1, Article XVI of the Constitution of South Carolina, 1895, and a favorable vote having been received on the amendment, is ratified and declared to be a part of the Constitution so that Section 33 of Article III is amended to read:
"Section 33. No unmarried woman shall legally consent to sexual intercourse who shall not have attained the age of fourteen years."
These two statements contradicted each other what is the answer?

My response:

Let me get this straight . . .

Your 20 year old adult son was boinking a child of 14? And you want to defend him?

Where's the trailer in your story?

IAAL

D

David H

criminal sexual conduct

I came here looking for help not grief I have enough of that as it is. Can you answer the question or not. I dont support these actions or condone this sort of behavior as I am a Christian man. My wife is very sick and the coment you made sure didn't help matters much. I would like to know for her benifit so she can sleep tonight.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

David H said:
I came here looking for help not grief I have enough of that as it is. Can you answer the question or not. I dont support these actions or condone this sort of behavior as I am a Christian man. My wife is very sick and the coment you made sure didn't help matters much. I would like to know for her benifit so she can sleep tonight.

My response:

Okay, you asked, "Can he be prosecuted?"

Yes.

Hope your wife gets some sleep, now.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David H

criminal sexual conduct

Will anyone besides this heartless idiot respond to my thread. As I said before I am not taking up for my son just trying to understand the law. I am a moderator on another type of forum and if i was here this guy would be removed from this forum. From what I read this is supposed to help folks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Did you sincerely believe that ANYONE would want to assist your son, Chester the Molester?

he gets out, he'll be registering as a sexual predator no matter where he goes, and for the rest of his life.

His life is virtually over.

IAAL

D

David H

criminal sexual conduct

Look you idiot, hopefully there are some Christian people here with some compassion to help someone. I am not asking for help for my son. How stupid are you. If I wanted help I would call a real lawyer, not some internet geek with a big mouth. I am wanting to know the law. Apparently you know nothing of the law because you can.t answer the question with logical information concerning an amendment to SC code of laws. You just want to be a jerk.

JETX

Let me make this VERY simple for you.... your child molesting, sexual predator son is going to be spending a LONG time with people who do NOT like his 'type'.

The following is from the CURRENT South Carolina Code of Laws (Current through the end of the 2003 Regular Session):
"SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with minors.
(1) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with the victim who is less than eleven years of age.
(3) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is at least fourteen years of age but who is less than sixteen years of age and the actor is in a position of familial, custodial, or official authority to coerce the victim to submit or is older than the victim."

"SECTION 16-15-140. Committing or attempting lewd act upon child under sixteen.
It is unlawful for a person over the age of fourteen years to wilfully and lewdly commit or attempt a lewd or lascivious act upon or with the body, or its parts, of a child under the age of sixteen years, with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions or sexual desires of the person or of the child.
A person violating the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than fifteen years, or both."
Source: http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t16c003.htm

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

To help you is to indirectly help your molester of a son. You wouldn't be asking these questions if it wasn't for your son. I won't help him. I could, but I won't.

You can scream, yell, beat your chest, jump up and down, and call me any name in the book you'd like call me. I don't care. It doesn't bother me a bit.

You're the one who needs to just "let it go", and him too. His life is over.

IAAL

D

David H

JETX,
I dont disagree with you feeling the way that you do in cases like this. I feel the same way. I have a 10 year old daughter and would probably kill someone who did this with her. But you did respond with a logical answer and I appreciate that. but the ammendment whats that about?
Section 33 of Article III is amended to read:
Liable,
Once again you are showing you innorance. I don't want you to help him how could you. I don't know who you are where your from Duh Huh, wake up If I was helping him here I would be on the phone with a local attorney. Like I said before I am trying to help my wife.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

David H said:
JETX,

Like I said before I am trying to help my wife.

My response:

Oh, please. Who do you think you're fooling except yourself? If I gave you the answer you're looking to obtain, do you really believe that I would believe that you'd only use the answer "to help [your] wife" to get some sleep?

Hell no, pal. You'd be on the phone to your son, or his attorney, in an effort to assist him!

IAAL

D

David H

Do you acually think that any lawyer would not have the answer to my question? That they would need your advice? This is for her as I said. But if you want to be that way so what someone will help.
Jetx,
if you can answer my privious post about the ammendment.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

David H said:
Do you acually think that any lawyer would not have the answer to my question? That they would need your advice? This is for her as I said. But if you want to be that way so what so one will help.
Jetx,
if you can answer my privious post about the ammendment.

My response:

Yes, there's a lawyer out there somewhere who has the answer - - for about $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 or more.
IAAL

JETX

I have already completed my 'involvement' in this issue. The only other 'help' I would give would be to give his VICTIM Lorena Bobbitt's current phone number.

D

David H

criminal sexual conduct

The things you guys are saying I probably would say myself, and said myself. But when it hits home it is a different story. But I agree this is a terrible thing to happen.
The difference of me than you is that I still state my beliefs and am not hypocritical about them, even though is is my own son.
But you two are different, you have these big "MORAL STANDARDS"
and strong beliefs until someone wants to grease your pockets and your beliefs change in a hurry. In my opinion you both are very hypocritical. If you believe this is wrong as do I, don't defend people who have committed this crime. Oh, that won't work thats what you get paid for. How do you hold your head up in public!
I have consulted an attorney and more importantly I have consulted GOD. I know things will work out for the best.
Romans 8:28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">