• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pulled over for no reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pfifty

What is the name of your state?georgia

I live in cobb county georgia and i was pulled over for no reason i was issued a ticket for driving on a suspended license and taken to jail. no other tickets were issued. this is not my first offense for this violation. can i have this ticket thrown out? and if not what should i do.

lwpat

My Grandfather used to say that there was no experience in the second kick of a mule. Since you didn't learn anything the first time I don't think anyone here can help you.

Last edited:

racer72

You do not have to be cited for the offense that generated the traffic stop. It is obvious the driving on a suspended was a lot bigger than the cause for the stop and the officer decided to nail you for that only. And what to do? How about buying a bus pass.

P

pfifty

You do not have to be cited for the offense that generated the traffic stop. It is obvious the driving on a suspended was a lot bigger than the cause for the stop and the officer decided to nail you for that only. And what to do? How about buying a bus pass.
let me clear a few things up. First i now that driving with a suspended license is wrong and i'm prepared to face the consequences. But i did not like the way i was stopped. Before i was pulled over i saw the officer at a red light watching me as i walked in a check cashing spot. as i was waiting in line i saw the officer pull into a krystals right next door when the light turned green. as soon as i returned to my car i went to the bank across the street where i was stopped. he didn't even have a chance to get behind me and turn his lights on so i know he didn't have time to run my plates or anything, he just got out the car and asked me for my license.

K

krispenstpeter

soounds like you need a little cheese with that Whine.

abezon

Is he the officer who issued you the ticket that resulted in your license suspension in the first place? In order to legally stop you, the officer must have a reasonable suspicion based on articulable facts that you are involved in a crime/committed a crime/etc. (Check your state's laws for the specific tests & phrasing.) The officer was surveiling you when you were walking on the sidewalk, & didn't stop you until you got into the car. This could indicate the officer knew your license was suspended & waited to see if you were driving, or it could mean he thought you were too impaired to drive & stopped you to investigate, or it could mean he didn't like your hair & clothes & pulled you over on a pretext stop to see if he could find anything.

If it was a pretext stop without sufficient reason to justify it, you can argue that the ticket is the fruit of a poisonous tree. Good luck. You'll probably lose very quickly in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">