• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jakesmom917

What is the name of your state?NC

I posted a few days ago about the ticket I got in december. The insurance ticket was dropped due to me getting insurance and speeding was reduced and I paid 100.00.

My insurance had lapsed but the judge threw out the ticket. I cannot renew my tag because of this lapse. Is there a way to get a dmv hearing to fight this? I have only one car and need it for work. Thanks!

Shay-Pari'e

Jakesmom917 said:
What is the name of your state?NC

I posted a few days ago about the ticket I got in december. The insurance ticket was dropped due to me getting insurance and speeding was reduced and I paid 100.00.

My insurance had lapsed but the judge threw out the ticket. I cannot renew my tag because of this lapse. Is there a way to get a dmv hearing to fight this? I have only one car and need it for work. Thanks!

Have you taken your proof of insurance to the DMV? Is it possible you have outstanding fees?

J

Jakesmom917

No, but I did talk to the lady,as did my dad. she said I still needed to turn my tags in or i can get a hearing. My lawyer is also looking into seeing what he can do. I hope something can be done. I am a single mom and if i lose my car, i lose my job and I cant take care of my boy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">