• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"stolen" camper, hidden by ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

easton18

What is the name of your state? Iowa My ex and I bought a camper together through a joint bank account. It is titled and registered in my name only. She has it in the garage. I am on the deed to the house but it is no longer my residence. I called the police and they have observed it in the garage, yet she refused entry to them. The police said I cannot report it stolen because I know where it is. Short of taking her to small claims court is there anything I can do to get it back? I have keys to the garage. Would that be breaking and entering or trespassing?

JETX

"Short of taking her to small claims court is there anything I can do to get it back?"
*** Nope.

"I have keys to the garage. Would that be breaking and entering or trespassing?"
*** Neither. It would be burglary of a habitation. Serious stuff.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

JetX, on another thread by Easton, she already asked this question, and we were also informed that she's on the Deed; i.e., She's an owner of the premises. So, the question is begged - - If you're an owner of property, how can you be tagged with burglary, trespassing, or B&E?

IAAL

E

easton18

Thanks you guys for addressing this...would it make any difference if I gave her notice as to when I would be there? Sorry for mixing the two threads.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

easton18 said:
Thanks you guys for addressing this...would it make any difference if I gave her notice as to when I would be there? Sorry for mixing the two threads.

My response:

Yeah, that's a good idea. Let her know when you're coming to take the trailer. That way, she'll have time to move it off the premises.

Reminds me of pounding a drum to let the enemy know you're coming, and then you get mowed down in the gunfire pointed at you. Didn't you learn anything about early warfare?

IAAL

E

easton18

OK...good point so I won't sound any trumpets on the way...just still wondering if she can have me arrested if I enter the garage with the key that I have (if she hasn't changed the locks).

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

easton18 said:
OK...good point so I won't sound any trumpets on the way...just still wondering if she can have me arrested if I enter the garage with the key that I have (if she hasn't changed the locks).

My response:

Okay, this question was addressed at least twice already. You were previously instructed to get the opinion of a local attorney. Apparently, you haven't done so. Don't you think it's time?

Look, this entire issue has been discussed to hell and back,
IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
E

easton18

OK...OK...but I don't think this is the forum for it. I bet you can find a lot of sites online to help you out and hopefully they are as helpful for you sexually as this one has been for me legally.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

easton18 said:
OK...OK...but I don't think this is the forum for it. I bet you can find a lot of sites online to help you out and hopefully they are as helpful for you sexually as this one has been for me legally.

My response:

No help needed. I just like to watch.

So, start talking!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">