• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revoked, no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpinnyc

What is the name of your state? New York

I was pulled over. Ticketed for no insurance. Lapse of 14 days. Stupidly forgot to pay. Speaking with insurance company to retroactively apply insurance to those days. Not sure if this will happen yet.

Question. If found guilty. Is there a grace period before my lic. suspension goes into effect? Can I sign the car over to my wife without giving in my plates to the DMV? And is it as simple as taking me off of the insurance since I may not be driving for SOME time. Just preparing for the worst.

Thanks

Last edited:

H

helpinnyc

Advice to myself

An update:

I went to court and told the truth. The judge gave me a break and threw the ticket out. Advice to everyone out there....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER drive without insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">