• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Prisoner and Credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theroyalchild

What is the name of your state? PA.

I have a friend and her ex-husbund is in Federal prisonon drug charges. She promised to pay his credit cards for him while he is in but can no longer afford to pay them. What will happen if she just stops paying them? She wants him to have his credit when he gets out but can no longer afford them. What can she do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

theroyalchild said:
What is the name of your state? PA.

I have a friend and her ex-husbund is in Federal prisonon drug charges. She promised to pay his credit cards for him while he is in but can no longer afford to pay them. What will happen if she just stops paying them? She wants him to have his credit when he gets out but can no longer afford them. What can she do?

My response:

Why is she paying her "EX-HUSBAND'S" debts?

She got rid of him once, so why is she still caring what the hell happens to him? Why does she believe that HIS debts are HER responsibility?

IAAL

P

phoxyred

Did she agree in writing with the credit card companies to be added to the accounts as a co-debtor? If so, they can sue her, attach her wages and lien any property that she owns. If she just made an agreement with him, there is nothing legally that the credit card companies can do to her. They will go after him for the monies owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">