• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting without stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeepXJ12

What is the name of your state? CT

Well I am on Wal-Marts most wanted list...I have been banned from Wal-Marts world wide for a year...If I get caught in one it's considered trespassing...Here's how it all went down...I went to a Conn. Wal-Mart with a kid that lives in my dorm...I got in to get the new Splinter Cell game for xbox...I go in and go to the games and wait for 10 minutes before the lady at the counter quits chit chatting with a friend...I then say can you please unlock that case for me so I can buy that game...So she concurs and I buy the $52 game...So the kid with me says lets go over to the fishing section...Me being a fisher I agree...We go over and he looks at some fishing lures and finds one he really likes and says he is going to buy it...Then I said whoa wait here is a rainbow colored one(the one he was going to buy was all silver)...He was like oh man yea that is better...So we wait at the counter in sports for 10 mins and a guy comes and goes behind the desk and grabs paper towels and leaves without a word...So we stand there another 5 mins and I say hey why don't you bring it up to the front counters to pay for it...So we start to go up there and he just rips the package open and puts the lure in his pocket...I was like dude don't do that...That ain't right...I told him this twice, but he doesn't comply and says look I am taking it and you can't stop that...So I was like w/e and we walk out...Guy comes and tells us both to go to the back and give his lure back...Well to make a long story short...they said I was the main person who has to take the blame b/c I picked the lure up in the beginning and told him that he should just steal it...I told the guy he has to be joking me b/c they don't even have audio on those camera's...So they didn't call the cops but I got the same punishment as the guy who stole the lure and had to sign a no trespassing law that says I can't go back to any wal-mart for a year...However in the Conn. law book it says nothing about a person in my situation...It justs states the person that has the object and steals it goes down...Therefore, I think I got the rough end of the deal...

Welp I got my letter from wal-mart...I signed the no tresspassing notice that said no charges will be filed if I agree to not go into wal-mart until i call and get permission to go back in...So I get the letter today and it says that Wal-mart has fined me for stealing a object in wal-mart without consent by the owner...Therefore, I have to pay a $225 fine and they might not stop there...They also want to press chargers with the police and may take me to court...Can they do this and would I have a case in court???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

How about the "Criminal Law" forum?

It certainly doesn't have anything to do with "Forum Bug Reports", which is where you posted.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">