• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to stop a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark101

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
New York

Hi,

Sorry for reposting this message, but I think it fits bettter in this category. My original message was in autocollision.

I was in an auto accident a while back (it was the other guy’s fault) and filed a lawsuit against the guy. However, later on he contacted me, saying he didn’t pay his insurance bill on time and therefore his insurance would not cover him. I took pity on the guy and said I would cancel the lawsuit.

I left the message on my lawyer’s machine telling him I want to cancel the lawsuit. He didn’t return my call. I called him like 5 times afterwards and he was always “out of the office.” But I assumed everything was fine.

A few days ago, this guy came over and brought the summons from the court. It said that the lawsuit is still on and the lawyer signed for me because I was “out of the county”. This outraged me. I called the lawyer again and again he wouldn’t return my calls.

What do I do? Can I just give the guy some kinda paper saying the lawyer doesn’t represent me? From dealing with this lawyer I understood that even if he were to receive the money (which he won’t cause the guys is broke), I wouldn’t have received any of it anyway. I don’t wont to mess up the guys credit, so I really want to do something about it. Can I file a complaint against the lawyer? Anything else?

Thank you for your help

hsresllc

Money to burn?

If you have money to burn, I would hire another lawyer to button up this issue. Thats if you truly care for this persons financial matters. People can claim a lot of things, being broke is real popular. If you hired a lawyer, there must be a substantial amount of money involved. Why quit now? He could win megamillions tomorrow!

If your lawyers actions bother you as much as they would me, I would try to confront him in person at his office. Bug the heck out of them until you get some answers. Good luck

J

Jeepman2

call him a counsler in front of his colleagues he will be sure to drop you then. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">