• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental car company charge me for a damage on the car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qianxf

I am living in massechusetts.I rented a car from E-Z rental a car company on 3/10/04 in Florida. My car's bump hit another car's bump. But there is no damage on my car. Also when I returned the car to the company, the person from the E-Z rental car company who checked the car didn’t find any body damage on the car as well.
Until 5/02/04, I got a bill charge from the company for the body damage of the trunk lid which is far away from the hitting site. Also I noticed the date they repaired the car was 4/20/2004. At that time the car mileage is 10186. When I returned the car, the mileage is 6493. So it’s possible somebody else caused the damage of the car.
They said according to the terms of rental agreement I got to pay for it. But I don’t think the damage is caused by me and it’s not my responsibility to pay that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">