• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding due to freezing cold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

garyflo

What is the name of your state? Vermont
The heat doesn't work well in my old car. I was driving home at midnight on the coldest night of the year in january, about 20-30 degrees Farenheit below zero. I was freezing cold and trying to get home from dinner at a friend's place in the next town. I got a ticket for 55 in a 35mph zone. I was not looking at my speedometer. Just ahead the speed limit is 50. The 35 mile zone is a shopping center during the day, but obviously no stores were open at midnight and there was no traffic, the road was clear and dry, and there are street lights. I told the officer I was freezing to death and trying to get home, but he had no sympathy sitting in his nice warm cruiser. How can I win this case? Isn't there some discretion for mitigating circumstances like a medical emergency? thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)You can try to appeal to the sympathies of the judge, but I doubt that it will work.(QUOTE)

Don't mislead this person, he or she will only look like a fool to try and fight this ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">