• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying a Pre-construction condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fayzter

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi. I'm a first time home buyer and am trying to gather information about purchasing a condo at its construction stage. The expected completion date is between end of this year to early next year.

What are some important questions I should ask the realtor or builder?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Kelly

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fayzter - What is the name of your state? New Jersey

What are some important questions I should ask the realtor or builder?

================================================

My response:

Your question is too open-ended. There are entire books written on this subject, and you may find a good one at Barnes & Noble.

IAAL

F

fayzter

Key word

My searches are not coming up with any results. If you would be so kind, please guide me to the right direction. I'm lost here. Is there a terminology the real estate industry uses for this type of property?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fayzter said:
My searches are not coming up with any results. If you would be so kind, please guide me to the right direction. I'm lost here. Is there a terminology the real estate industry uses for this type of property?

My response:

Well, there's no "key word". However, there is a "key phrase" that the real estate industry uses, to wit: "Get off your fat ass and go to Barnes & Noble to buy a book on the subject". Geez, lady!

IAAL

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fayzter said:
If you don't have an answer you don't have to reply!!!

My response:

An answer? An Answer?

Lady, read the question YOU asked - - "What are some important questions I should ask the realtor or builder?"

There is no, one, answer. "Your question is too open-ended."

So, I gave you the best answer possible.

What would you like us to do - start listing hundreds of "questions" for you? Well, that's not going to happen. It's going to happen in the book you're obviously too damn lazy to go get.

Go away.

IAAL

F

fox5

I can offer some advice.

Keep in mind when you commit to a contract to buy, your closing take place when the condo is completed. Hence, it is unlikely a lender will lock the rates for you for more than 3 months.

Tax abatement is something you should ask about. Builder should offer some type of warranty on their work, make sure it is in writing.

This is all I can think of right now. Hopefully, you can do in depth research on the mentioned topics. Many new construction house topics apply to your question as well.

Cheers,
fox5

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">